Why The Cybersecurity Talent Shortage Is The Greatest Threat Businesses Face Today
With the economy booming in the tech sector and unemployment rates at their lowest in years, cybersecurity talent can be hard to find and retain. With the rise of cybersecurity breaches we need to be on the defense rather than the offense. Every company needs an effective cyber security incident response plan and finding the team members to deliver on the plan is hard to manage. Nearly 2/3 of businesses are lacking the cyber security skills needed to prevent threats from becoming breaches. A lot of companies are at moderate or extreme risk of cyber attacks due to the shortage.
There are challenges and there are solutions to these challenges, and here is a collection of advice from experts on what they are across Sungard Availability Services.
- IT teams will be held accountable over the security experts
- It’s hard to find experienced cyber talent in SaaS integration and network architecture
- Strong communication skills are needed–but can be in short supply
- AI and Machine Learning can help
- Focus on building team members’ skills
- Keep your finger on the pulse
- Keep exploring new technologies to keep teams engaged
- Promote from within