Apex Systems has an opening for an Instructional Designer in Chesapeake area. If you are in the market and would like to hear more details regarding this position, please send me an updated copy of your resume and the best time to contact you.
Role: Instructional Designer
Location: Chesapeake (remote local)
Schedule: 1st shift 9-5
Clearance Requirement: None (must be clearable will receive upon conversion)
Cert Requirements: N/A
Any MUST haves: Composica, Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate, Lectora (at least 1-2 of these)
Overview of Instructional Designer:
A large international organization is implementing a new data center and requires the development of technical/hard-skills computer-based training (CBT)/e-learning courses, as well as other training delivery products. The instructional Systems Designer (ISD) will be working virtually with a team of ISDs, collaborating and utilizing the Composica learning content management system (LCMS) to author the CBTs.
Responsibilities of Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer:
- Conduct, review, and verify task analysis
- Develop “release plans” for training products
- Develop S.M.A.R.T learning objectives and knowledge reviews that align with the task analysis
- Research and analyze source content for appropriate use in training products
- Design and develop training content and materials using the Composica LCMS
- Acquire, manipulate, and organize graphics
- Conduct quality assurance (QA) reviews on training products
Requirements of Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer:
- 3 to 8 years’ experience providing instructional systems design expertise
- 3 to 8 years’ experience designing and developing training in an online authoring tool or environment (e.g., Composica, Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, analysis, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with the team, as well as work autonomously
- Ability to prioritize work and quickly adjust to shifting requirements
- Eagerness and ability to learn quickly to proactively gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become a strong contributing team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated team player
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, proactive, and customer-focused
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications of Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer:
Experience using the Composica LCMS.
Experience developing technical (i.e. hardware, software) training.
Located in the Chesapeake Virginia areas.