Role: Performance Test Engineer (2)
Location: Baltimore, MD
Company: Government Security Solutions Provider
Duration: 6month to perm or long term rolling contract
Team Size: 15+
Overview: The performance tester will work with the teams to improve performance and load testing processes, approach, tools and techniques to increase efficiency and software quality. The candidate will analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Create and execute test cases
- Test the requirements once the fix is delivered by SW.
- Support Operations and Maintenance with regression testing when SW is delivered to the production environment
- Mentor junior testers
- Support User Acceptance Testing.
- Performance testing using Load Runner
- Analyze the usage of existing business functions to establish real-world usage scenarios and capacities for performance testing
- Analyze non-functional requirements to create performance test scenarios
- Develop Performance Center scripts to execute these functions within program applications
- Gather metrics to benchmark applications performance for reference
- Develop execution plans to mimic production usage at a high capacity and gather performance metrics
- Maintain these scripts as existing functionality is enhanced or new functionality is added
- Run these scripts with each change to ensure no degradation in performance as we make changes to the system
- Work closely with Product Team Lead, Product Team Business Analysts, Product Team Software Developers, Product Team Database Team, and Management Team to ensure successful testing approach for all non-functional requirements
- Lead performance testing effort
- Collaborate with Architecture and Engineering team to ensure that testing approaches are implemented in accordance with the program’s architectural direction
- Track/monitor risks and communicate them to the team in a timely fashion
- Experience with Software and COTS integration
- Strong 8 years of experience performing as a software tester
- Strong experience in performance and load testing using HP suite of tools
- Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with gathering and analyzing performance metrics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, self-motivated desire to continuously improve quality through optimization, automation, and innovation.
- Expertise with Hand-on integrating and testing.
- Performacen testing experience with HP UFT
- 508 Compliance experience
- LCat Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience OR Masters Degree with 7 years of experience