Title: Senior Systems Admin-Linux
Location: Washington, DC
Minimum/General Experience: Ten (10) years’ experience of which at least eight (8) years must be in area of expertise. Specialized experience includes: superior functional knowledge of task order specific requirements, or developing functional requirements for complex integrated systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction.
Functional Responsibility: Provide expert, independent services and leadership in specialized technical areas. Provides expertise on an as-needed basis to all task assignments. Provides expert advice and assistance in state-of-the-art software/ hardware. Coordinates with contractor management and Government personnel to ensure that the problem has been property defined and that the solution will satisfy Government requirements.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other task related discipline; or equivalent experience in a technical or business discipline.
Specific Job Description
In this position the candidate will support the system integration of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies in a small team environment. This position will require the candidate to perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in systems engineering, system administration, integration, troubleshooting, and system security. In addition, provide Operations & Maintenance activities on existing systems. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff.
- Strong Linux administration experience with RHEL, SE Linux, and/or centOS, including:
- Integration with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, create boot images, backup/restore, and perform system hardening.
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux/Unix systems.
- Virtual Environment administration – Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage).
- System integration – experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Strong preference for the candidate to have at least a years’ experience as a Windows or Network Administrator. Specifically, network experience with system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments.
- System administration: Windows
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 1 certification (SSCP, Network +, or similar certification and actual implementation experience in this domain) is a plus
Must be able to obtain/maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance, per condition of employment.