Intellectual Point is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Social Media Specialist to join our marketing team. This position offers long-term career growth with an established leader in the corporate training space. The primary responsibility for the Copywriter/Social Media Specialist is to craft content for our website and blog that is optimized for search results. You will work directly with the Director of Marketing and assist with and execute against a strategy intended to meet and exceed goals and objectives. You’ll also write feature articles about our partner brands, course offerings, industry trends, successful graduates, and instructors, as well as copy for email, social advertising, landing pages, direct response ads, and other traditional advertising. A successful candidate will be a strong writer with a proven track record, will understand how to write effectively for a variety of audiences, is passionate about results and improvement, knows how to research, and understands the balance between technically strong writing and creating an emotional connection with the reader.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with members of the content marketing and creative teams to write compelling stories for multiple platforms for the purpose of driving IP’s marketing campaigns. This may include writing SEO copy (including meta descriptions, alt tags, open graph tags, etc), website and blog copy (including H1, H2, and CTA copy), email copy (including subject lines, pre-headers, and CTAs), YouTube titles and descriptions that are optimized for search, and Facebook and Instagram ad copy.
- Manage all steps from conceptualizing, writing, editing, and proof reading marketing collateral primarily for digital platforms but may include newsletters, print, press releases and other marketing materials.
- Gather critical information from internal and external sources to ensure accuracies in your writing.
- Interview IP clients and students effectively and efficiently in order to get the information you need to write compelling copy.
- Results from your work will include increased search ranking for targeted keywords and keyword phrases, click-through rates, open rates (email), and scroll depth.
- Be able to write effective and compelling press releases regarding partnerships, client success stories, awards and recognition and other newsworthy items.
- Be able to contribute to writing proposals in response to RFPs and RFIs
Skills / Functional Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Write effective SEO copy (including meta descriptions, alt tags, etc.) for websites and blogs.
- Write engaging copy for websites, blogs, social media channels, email, etc.
- Write effective headlines (blogs and landing pages), subject lines and preheader copy (email), and CTAs that drive results.
- Line edit and story edit your own work.
- Optimize video titles and descriptions for YouTube search.
- Work with internal team members, agency partners, and other vendors.
- An insatiable curiosity about your craft.
- Driven to improve both personal skills and performance results.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and our Social Media Team and members of our SEO consulting firm on a SEO content plan that drives business goals and objectives.
- Identify areas of opportunity based search trends as well as IP’s current organic search performance.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics, Brightedge (a plus).
- Firm grasp of the English language, Strong verbal communication skills.
- Efficient, Attention to detail, Meet deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where things can change quickly
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in journalism or marketing) required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in copywriting for blogs, websites, and digital channels (preferably at an advertising agency) strongly preferred.
- Experienced marketer with a proven track record of writing SEO copy that performs at a high level.